Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Scottsdale? Normally, there are three primary areas of your residence for video surveillance: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Even though your security installer can suggest where to start, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Safeguard Your Main Entrance
While you might find it unlikely that a burglar would make an effort to just walk in the front door, 34% of intrusions take place near this passageway. You also have package thieves among other threats to deal with. A video doorbell is perfect to handle all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are nice as you have the ability to converse with any visitors who approach and engage the doorbell. With the help of your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to every ring with two-way communications and real-time footage and appear to be at home. In the event a person begins doing something nefarious, you will have your video doorbell capture footage and transmit it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are some useful suggestions to make sure your property is defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your Scottsdale house allow for a better viewing angle, as you can see two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or straight into a length of cladding or edging are excellent options for security cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more likely passageway for invaders than you’d think!
- Above a back porch or sliding door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
For each installation, you should always cut back any brush and branches that may block your view.
Suggestions To Get The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your property in Scottsdale. But the additional flexibility means you have additional aspects to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight from a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your camera’s video feed. Aim the lens away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera installed in a higher spot will provide a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras on top of bookshelves or affixed to the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera won’t have the chance to defend your property if it’s broken. Place your indoor units where children or pets have no ability to mess with them. Consider mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest video camera won’t help you much if there is a decorative item or plant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (480) 608-0061 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.