There was a time not long ago when wired components were your only option when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of positioning a video camera on a desk or controlling your components with a smartphone. With that being said, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless installations. You presently have an array of added benefits to enjoy -- like remote access, components that connect and react to each other, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Scottsdale will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
Maybe the most vital element of wireless home security can be expressed through the following words - internet connection. If you have access to high-speed internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you have concerns about power or internet outages, look for systems that have battery and cellular backups at hand to keep you connected to your monitoring team without interruption.
When you reside in a more rural area without stable cellular or internet access, a wired installation will in all probability be better. Or It may also make more sense from a financial standpoint to choose a wired approach if you relocate to a residence that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Scottsdale will enhance the safety of your property, which is the main purpose in the first place. But, if you welcome the possibility of using the most current tech, review these perks of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Gain access to all the components in your home from your lighting to your security cameras from your smartphone utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view footage from cameras, activate your smart lights, and even activate your alarm system if you didn’t remember to do so. If an emergency comes up, you are able to have alerts sent straight to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the countless wires, drywall damage, and long installs. One of the greatest facets of wireless devices is that you are able to put them practically wherever you want and with little time or effort. If you want to customize later with the latest equipment, integrating components into your network is not complicated.
- Interactions between components: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a possibility with speedy, bi-directional communications. You may direct your devices to take action in specified situations to enhance your safety and deter home invasions. For instance, if your outside surveillance detects odd activity along your home’s perimeter, it is able to automatically direct your interior lights to activate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Scottsdale
Although wireless home security systems in Scottsdale have shown to be a good choice, it’s reasonable if you have a few reservations about using one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the most prevalent areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless devices could run out of power. However, your smart implements will send you a notification whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors usually need to be placed within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to boost your versatility.
- Like any computer network, the threat of getting hacked exists. But you are able to take steps to greatly reduce the risk by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default passwords or settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only install security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Have you decided to take advantage of Scottsdale wireless home security? Contact us at (480) 608-0061 to talk to the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the right package for your residence.