Security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, the latest security cameras come outfitted with an array of features all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools empower you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Scottsdale.
How To Set Up Your Scottsdale Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is placing them in the right places within your living space. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, front and patio, garage, and other exterior detached constructions, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your house that are less important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your visitors should be a major regard prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Scottsdale. The innovations described below help to maximize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your mobile device whenever unusual movement is detected. You can also set cameras to begin filming when movements are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them anytime.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the unit. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can produce video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely texts when the see unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Scottsdale is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system rises from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (480) 608-0061 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security and camera system today.