How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Scottsdale
You know you have to safeguard your home. After all, it provides shelter for your family and is where you keep your possessions. But what is the right kind of home protection? Determining if you should use 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading decisions you need to make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Scottsdale and see what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to provide help at all times. If an entrypoint sensor triggers or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents are issued an instant alert. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include professional support. You can consider this option as self-monitored, meaning that if your system is tripped, you have to act to resolve it. This choice is the more affordable alternative, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Scottsdale
Here’s a quick look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always wise. If you are not on site, not awake, or don’t have your smartphone, your property and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll reply more quickly to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security could entitle you to a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will gain access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless residents prefer to have the install completed by experienced professionals, but some might object.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This may be satisfactory for most as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Scottsdale
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers might think of this as an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an installation expense. Others might prefer going with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to integrate devices whenever you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you could find integrating into a fully connected system more complex.
- Control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If a disaster arises, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you don’t have your smartphone and don’t get a security warning? This situation equates to additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during the installation, you might have to employ a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Scottsdale
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Scottsdale from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the best solution for you. Dial (480) 608-0061 today to get started.